mercredi 16 avril 2014

Briggs 191707-5661-01 Carb Won't Adjust

Hey folks.



I'm working on an 81 or 82 model, John Deere 108 Lawn Tractor for a rancher friend of mine out in west Texas.



It has an 8hp Briggs 191707-5661-01 engine. It has the 1 piece FLOJET carburetor on it.



Originally all I was going to do was replace the starter. Someone had put an iron pinion gear of the aluminum ring gear so I ended up replacing the ring gear as well. While I was in there I decided to check the gap on the points and when I took the cover off, I found it was full of oil so it replaced the point system with the new magnetron coil eliminating the points and condenser.



Before I started this the engine would ilde, but when given fuel it would run rich and put out some black smoke.

After replace all the other parts and starting it. The same thing happened. I purchased a rebuild kit for the carb, clean it and replaced all the parts.



It still won't adjust. I started as per the instructions 1 1/2 turns on both the main and idle screws.



No matter how I try to adjust it, it won't work right. If I screw the main jet in, the idle comes up and it quits putting to back smoke, but it runs at what seems like full throttle.



Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire