mercredi 30 juillet 2014

1978 lawnboy# 5275

Just picked this mower up off the side of the road. Got it all cleaned up and while tuning the carb I managed to let it run too lean for too long. Now the mower has very little compression and I am looking to rebuild it if I can find proper parts. And yes I was running mixed gas.



Are there parts available for this motor D-601?



I have checked online and have confused myself more than anything. From what I have read the original piston had 3 rings and by the looks of it the new replacement that you can find online is a 2 ring piston. Saying that I also read that to convert to the new piston you also have to change the rod as the pin is a different size.

The other problem I am having is that most suppliers only ship to the states and I am in Canada.



Anyways a friend of mine is tearing into the motor to see how bad the damage is. I know the crank seal is bad and will have to replace that for sure.



If anyone can shed some light on this for me that would be much appreciated.



Thanks,




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire