lundi 28 juillet 2014

2012 HRX217EHYA about to go for free on Craigslist! About had it.

Hi Folks, new here, I have a 2012 HRX217EHYA I bought at Home Depot in June of 2012. I mow a 50x75 lot with it, pretty level nothing too challenging.



It mowed perfectly the first year and into August of 2013 when it started really showing problems. I should add that I changed the spark plug and air cleaner before the '13 season along with newly sharpened blades.



I also emptied the gas in Fall of 2012 (as I did in Fall of 2013) and let it run until it quit then stored it in a 65-70 degree drive-in basement.





Getting to August of 2013, the mower started showing an issue of sputtering and bucking and usually dying when the blades were engaged. After it would die, it might take 20 pulls until it would finally pop sputter and belch until it would smooth out. Usually after that if you tried to re-engage the blades it would kill the engine again. Somehow with all this we'd manage to get the lawn finished. Gas never older than 2-3 weeks, stored in a self-venting safety container.



Took it under warranty to a Honda power products dealer and gave them $55 for the priviledge of giving me a new spark plug and air filter which I had changed a few months earlier. They pronounced it 'fixed' and got one lawn mowing out of it till it was back to it's old tricks.



Drained the gas at the end of the season and put it away.



This Spring 2014, no new spark plug or air filter since I had run it about an hour with the ones the shop replaced. Right away same thing, sputtering, bucking, dying when the blades are engaged. I'm sick of it, and I'm ready to put it on Craigslist to the first person that will take it.



Here are some examples:



Cold start:







Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? Going back they are insisting changing the filter and plug before doing anything. Pointless as I had one mowing with them We've been borrowing the next door Murray walmart mower this year.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire