lundi 28 juillet 2014

I'm a new member and have a few questions

Hello from Schenectady NY where the grass just keeps on growing so fast my 40-year old Bobcat can hardly keep up.

Two weeks ago I was in the yard and my neighbor was mowing his lawn when all of the sudden he hit a rock and his 2-year old John Deere 22" JS26 walk behind mower came to a screeching halt. After several restart attempt she gave up rolled it out to the street with a "FREE" sign on it. The next morning I approached him to see if he would mind if I claimed it. Sure enough, I parked it next my 40-year old Bobcat, a machine I could disassemble and reassemble just about as quick as my M-14 when I was in the Army a long time ago.



Yesterday, a rainy stormy day allowed me to take a look at it. I removed all cowling, starter, flywheel, blade and hub.

Then gave it a good cleaning to get to know it. I must say, I can't understand JD engineering such a steel, built in spline instead of woodruff-key, so bullet proof. I was hoping for a sheared key. Next I pulled the flywheel. But noticed that the mag was scraping it. The woodruff key and slot seemed OK. I REASSEMBLED IT AND ADJUSTED THE MAG TO 12.0t . . .all seems ok. I will attempt to start it tomorrow, after my neighbor goes to work. Don't want him get upset if it works. Could be that it won't start . . .in which case it has internal damage with the crank, cams or valves. I searched the net for a B&S series 700 short block to no avail.



This might end up being the cleanest JD walk behind on the scrap heap. Keep your fingers crossed.



Neokm




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire