lundi 28 juillet 2014

New Owner (RSD 48") with some questions

Hello everyone. I just purchased my Hustler Raptor SD 48" this weekend and I love this thing! I feel like I got a great deal from my local dealer because he matched the 10% military discount that Lowe's was offering and delivered it for free. I had no intentions of buying from Lowes because I wanted to have the dealer behind me for service and such. If anyone lives in the Central FL area, message me and I'll be glad to share my local dealer's information with you. My last mower was a 21" Poulan push-mower that I have used for the past 8 years. I finally got tired of push-mowing in the 100 degree heat and humidity of FL summers. I really love my new Hustler and took my time deciding on which one to buy. This site was a great resource for me during my search and I appreciate everyones input on previous threads. I'm glad I went ahead and stepped up to the RSD over the standard Raptor because I plan on having this mower for a very long time.



Here are a few questions I've come up with and I'd appreciate any information you guys could share with me:



1) I live in a residential neighborhood right now with about 1/3 of an acre. I know this mower is overkill for my current situation, but my wife and I have plans in the work of moving to at least 3 acres in the future. I would have spent the extra $100 to get the RSD 54", but my current yard will not allow it without widening gates and moving things around in the yard. The 48" fits perfectly without modifications so it was the best compromise. However, my front yard has a bit of a slope to it. I'm not 100% sure what the grade is, but I would say it's between 10-15 degrees and maybe a little more in certain spots. I mowed my yard for the first time yesterday and I did have a very slight slip in certain areas. My question is, can I put a wider tire on the rear to alleviate the slipping? I know the 54" comes with the wider 12" tires compared to the 48" that has 8" tires. I think putting the 12" wide tires on my mower would make it too wide for my gates, but would it be possible to put on a 10" wide tire? Would the 10" wide tire be noticeably better than the 8" wide tires that are currently on there?



2) I am very confused by Hustler's deck height lettering. Can someone explain the Letter-to-Height conversion for me? What is a good setting for my residential Bahia grass that I'm currently cutting?



3) I may have to cut my grass in the late evening as the sun is going down. Is there a good option besides the $199 light kit from Hustler?



4) I plan on talking to my dealer to get the heat shield under warranty to protect my grass from burning. Is the engine shroud worth paying $70 for?



Here are some pictures of the mower. Sorry for the messy garage. That is my next project.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire