mardi 29 juillet 2014

Walk behind Drive belts on JD walkbehind (bunton knockoff)

I have a belt drive 48" mower that is very solid, but the drive is lacking. I have a hilly lot around a pond and this mower won't do the climbing. I purchased new belts, but it wasn't an improvement. The drive, when you feather out the grips, bounces a bit until it catches. It does a fair amount of slipping. There is a tensioning spring that compresses the 2 tensioners to provide friction. I tried drilling an additional hole so the spring was tighter. That didn't seem to help either. I have tried other adjustments with the linkage, but made no progress and there is a balance between the drive and braking system that you need to maintain.



I am including a picture of the drive mechanism with the hopes that someone here has owned or serviced one. Is it a lost cause? The mower is in great shape with exception to the drive.



IMG_20140720_122323_317.jpg


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire