samedi 26 juillet 2014

HR215HXA with GXV140 engine - Oil leak on crank seal, flywheel end

Newbie to the forum, great to be here. I've never ever had a problem on this outstanding 22 yr old machine but lately it's been slobbering out oil from the crank seal flywheel end. I just completed the repair today (or so I thought) by driving in the new seal with a length of PVC pipe. Since the old seal was not flush with the case (in fact it was roughly 1/4" below the lip) I assumed that I should drive the new seal down to the same depth. I started her up, did about 15 minutes of mowing, and she starts slobbering oil again.



My question then is this. After searching a bit for an answer to this problem, it appears that perhaps I should not have driven this seal to the same depth of the old one. Should this seal in fact be flush with the top of the lip? Should I lube the outside of the seal at all? Thanks ahead for any replies. :confused:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire