dimanche 27 juillet 2014

Older Honda HRT216TDA self propelled cold start questions

I recently changed the carb in the HRT216TDA self propelled project mower I got on crags list that was surging. Once started it purrs wonderfully...



My question is this (I will try to give you as much detail as I can)....



First got mower, moved to full throttle choke, started on about 4th or 5th pull and then I throttle back, but engine surge was really bad.



Changed carburetor.



Next morning wanted to so cold start. Pull to cold start mower, will not hit. When I move the throttle to choke (just past full throttle) on mower will not turn over. After about 4 to 6 pulls, if I move throttle all the way back to slow, it will hit. About 4 pulls later, it starts right up and runs perfect. Am I missing something? Shouldn't I be moving the throttle to choke on cold start and it start then throttle back? Just confused...since new carb is in, is choke to much?



I know I am asking simple questions, but I am on the learning curve...I know start up procedures, so I am not going about this like I am clueless, but it was my first carb change I did not expect the choke thing... and I'm just did not expect to no response when I throttle to choke position and then get it to start when its throttled all the way back to slow.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire