mercredi 29 avril 2015

Briggs 550E Series won't stay running

Hello everyone, new guy to the forum. I just picked up, for pretty much nothing, a Murray push mower with the Briggs & Stratton 550E series engine. I got it for nothing because the previous owner couldn't get it to start after being stored for the winter. So I went ahead and drained the oil and gas, cleaned the carburetor, put everything back together with fresh oil and gas, new spark plug, tried to start...nothing. Shot some starting fluid down the carb and it fired up and died, so I have spark. The carb isn't clogged because the compressed air goes through it like nobody's business. However....the primer bulb is doing absolutely nothing. The bulb itself is not cracked or rotted, but I did find a nipple right next to the main fuel line that appears to be part of the primer system. No hose connected to it and I can't seem to find where the hose would connect to. Any help would be great because I think fixing the primer system and being able to properly prime the carb would help me figure this thing out.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire