mardi 28 avril 2015

MTD push mower starts then stalls

The other day my kid wanted to surprise me and do the first mow of the season before I got home. Problem- the mower had not yet been filled with oil. He ran it until it died out and wouldn't start. This is an MTD mower with a B&S 300 series motor. (MTD 11-020B029)

I came home and didn't realize the oil thing immediately. I cleaned the air filter and cleaned the carb and spark plug, and then finally checked/added oil. After all this I am able to get the mower to start but it will immediately stall out.

If I do nothing I get one start/stall and that's it. BUT if I turn the blade a rotation or 2 it will always start up on a single pull time and time again. It seems that the rotation of the blade is related to the stall.

When rotating there is a spot that binds a bit (nothing grinding just not smooth movement) and at there is a quiet audible honk or forcing of air. I will add that it's not every time the binding occurs, sometimes I get a couple smooth turns.

Could anyone tell me any way to troubleshoot this? Or is there a high likelihood that some serious damage was done running with no oil like a bend rod or something else.

Thanks


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire