dimanche 27 juillet 2014

Kohler CV13T shuts off after 5 minutes or so (already read the other posts)

I read the other "shuts off after 5 minutes" threads and I just wanted to check to be sure that the diagnosis is the same for my engine since most of those posts were for electric start, larger horsepower, v-twin engines.



I have a John Deere GS30 Commercial 36" walk behind mower with a 13hp Kohler 'Command Pro 13' engine (CV13T). Pull start only. I just bought this mower used and I replaced the fuel line, fuel filter, air filter, new spark plug, and the engine has fresh gas. It will start very easily, but will shut off after just a few minutes of idling or mowing. With my limited mechanical knowledge, it seems like something electrical is getting hot and shutting off the machine. It shuts down fairly quickly almost like the key was shut off. Sometimes there is slight stuttering for a minute or two before it shuts down, but usually it just shuts right off like you turned off the key. It will restart only when it almost completely cools down. Starting fluid does nothing when it shuts off. Mower does not need starting fluid when cold, and starts pretty easily. I hate to put a ton of money into this thing, so I was hoping for some help on here. Thanks. -Todd




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire