samedi 31 janvier 2015

Craftsman 917256543 steering problems; won't turn to the right

I just bought an older Craftsman lawn tractor (917256543, 15 HP Kohler). When you turn right, the pinion gear "clicks".



Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem. The gears themselve (pn 17 and pn 27 in the diagram STEERING ASSEMBLY Diagram & Parts List for Model 917256543 Craftsman-Parts Riding-mower-tractor-Parts | SearsPartsDirect ) look OK, and they work fine turning left, but under pressure turning right, they separate, pop, and com back together.



I'm thinking maybe it's just pn 19, the shaft support ( Lawn tractor shaft support | 160395 | SearsPartsDirect ) that's worn and letting them be pushed out of place.



Just wanted to check and see if anyone else had dealt with this before I order the gears, if all I need is the shaft support. I only paid $350 for the tractor... with a single stage 42" snowblower!... so I don't want to buy another $50 in parts if I don't have to.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire