vendredi 23 janvier 2015

Hard Starting Honda Generator

I have a 1996 Honda EM-2500X generator that has been a bugger to start since new. I only run it occasionally, really haven't had a real need to use it, but want it ready in case of an emergency. Here in northern Minnesota, starting some small engines in colder weather can be a real chore. Today I tried to start the engine and when I didn't start, I took of air filter and squirted some starting fluid. It started but it would only continue to run on full choke. When I had run it for a reasonable length of time and engine was warm, I tried to open the choke to normal operating position. As soon as I started to move the choke lever the engine started to starve for fuel. It will only run on full choke, which isn't recommended. What the heck can be the problem. A plugged jet? I'm not a mechanic and I can only guess.



Any suggestions would be appreciated.



Thank you in advance.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire