lundi 19 janvier 2015

New Member / Winter Project

I came upon the forum looking for info on the web.

I have a LT1045 powered by a Kohler SV600 single cylinder, 6 years old.

The engine leaked oil when new and was worked on under warranty.

The two years later I paid for engine repairs, still leaked oil.

Then last fall it quit again, turns over won't start, I suspect no compression.

So I scoured for a good used cub and bought a 1720 for $200 pretty decent.

Right now it is ready to mow, oil changed, new belts, brakes and hydro adjusted.

But it doesn't ride and handle like my newer 1045.

I was going to sell the 1045 just as it sat.

Then today I bought an old craftsman with no mower deck or battery for $50.

What is does have is a strong B&S twin i6HP.

So tomorrow I am going to determine if the shaft diameter and length will work with the PTO on the 1045.

If I think it will, I plan to pull the Kohler and install the B&S twin.

I suspect i am going to have to accommodate the muffler and hood which I am willing to do.

I likely will have to drill new mounting holes for the engine itself, plus other modifications.

The 1045 mows really nice, it maneuvers really nice, The Kohler Courage engine in my opinion is scrap.

To buy a new replacement engine is nuts I got quotes between $700 - 1200, priced Kohler and B&S.

That's how I am spending my winter vacation.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire