lundi 27 avril 2015

Craftsman Model 917.377842 - Oil in air filter compartment

:confused2: I did the usual prep for the lawn cutting season. I had my blade sharpened & balanced, changed oil, changed spark plug & put fresh gas in. I've never had a problem and starts after 2 pulls. In taking off & putting the blade on, I must have tipped the lawn mower the wrong way. The only thing I can think of. After several pulls it didn't start. I looked around the deck & found oil below the air filter compartment. I opened it up & there was oil. The air filter was soaked. I tried cleaning the filter but it was too soaked. I tried starting w/o filter but that didn't work either. I bought a new filter but wonder if it'll happen again. 2 people have given me a couple of things to try. 1. - Pull the spark plug out, pull the engine 5 or 6 times and then squirt about a teaspoon of gas in the hole and put plug back in. 2. - Squirt starter fluid 2 or 3 times into the carb & pull until the oil burns off. I'm not sure what to do. HELP! I sure would appreciate any help. Thanks


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire