samedi 25 avril 2015

Enclosed Trailer vs Open Trailer

Hey people, a few of you might recognize this. I was trying to figure out whether I wanted to go with a Hustler or Ferris. I had a guy drop off a Hustler and Ferris and ended up going with the Ferris. So right now I have a Ferris IS 2100Z with a 52" Deck and a 26 HP Vanguard (not EFI) and I love it! I also got the premium suspension seat to go with it and it is so much more comfortable than the standard seat.

Now that is taken care of I really need to decide on a trailer whether it be open or enclosed. I was hoping I could get a little more feedback and it would make it easier to make my decision. Anyway I was really leaning towards an open trailer because I am going to put premium (very expensive) mower covers over my units. They are probably not as protected as they would be in an enclosed trailer but it still gets the job done. I found a good website (WE Chapps, Inc. 2014 - Home) that sells very nice covers for everything including trimmers, blowers, and the like. This way you can cover your equipment and as long as it is secured to the trailer you do not have to worry about loading and unloading it.

The whole reason I am/was leaning towards the open trailers is because of the horror stories I have heard with enclosed trailers. For example, they can get very hot and put extra wear and tear on the equipment. Also that any gasoline that is stored in the trailer in cans or in the equipment can degrade very quickly and create major issues. I have not clue how much of this is true and have heard several people tell me it is true and several others tell me I have nothing to worry about.

Another reason this scares me very much is because I do plan to use this as a "storage unit" for my equipment. I have a very nice Craftsman zero turn that is going to be used as a backup to the new Ferris. Therefore, I will only use the Craftsman from time to time and would hope that the gas does not get really bad. This is also true for my other equipment as well. For example, with my trimmers I alternate between them and always keep a backup in case one runs out of line or something I can just grab the other one and rewind the line later on. How much of this stuff is true? I am definitely starting to lean more towards a 6x12 or 6x14 enclosed trailer. However, if these rumors are true I think I would rather have my equipment a little more exposed to the elements and have nice covers over them where they will receive adequate ventilation.

As always there is much more to be said, but this is already starting to flood like normal. So I am going to leave it alone for now. If there is anything else you need to know please ask. I appreciate any input anyone can give me. I just really want to make certain whatever I choose is a good choice because this is something I do not want to deal with for at least a few years. So if I go with the enclosed trailer that is what I want to deal with for a long time.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire