samedi 25 avril 2015

John Deere 425

Hi everyone,

First time user of this site and hoping to get some help on a 425 I just purchased. I bought this mower from a John Deere dealership that I had to make a 14 hr round trip to get. They had it listed for $1800 and it was a 2000, so that is why I drove so far to get it. I figured part of the reason it was so cheap was that they said they never serviced it. I don't know if this is common practice, but I'm starting to think not. I was promised it ran, drove and mowed good, which it did. I had noticed an oil leak out of the front main seal which was no big deal beings it could easily be replaced by removing the battery, prying out the old one and putting in the new one. I got it home and replaced the front main seal and also replaced the o-ring on the bottom of the dip stick beings I noticed someone had caulked it and it was leaking, also did all the other maintenance on it, which included changing oil, oil filter, air filter, trans fluid, trans filter and fuel filter. I didn't change the plugs because they looked brand new. Upon further inspection after driving and mowing with it for 10 min at home, I noticed the top radiator hose was loose and leaking, so I tightened that up. I am thinking the mower is still using coolant cause it keeps dropping little by little every time I use it and when I drained the oil when changing it, it looked like it had a green tint to it and it seemed like there was water in it. So my question is... what is my first step to figure out where the coolant is leaking? There are no leaks externally. Also I noticed that the temp gauge will rise up to 3/4 on the gauge and then drop back down to 1/4. It does this continuously. Is this normal? Sorry for the long story... and thanks for the comments!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire