lundi 27 avril 2015

Type of engine on Huskee (MTD) 21"/158cc Hi Wheel mower carried by Tractor Supply

Hi all,
Does anyone know anything about the 158 cc engine mounted on the Huskee branded MTD mowers carried by Tractor Supply?
I picked up a 21" Hi-Wheel mower at Tractor Supply farm store over the weekend when they had 'em on special for $50 off regular price.
When I put it together yesterday, (...and I did forget to pack the Model #'s for the mower and engine today to include with this post) but the first things I noticed were:
1. No primer bulb, automatic choke;
2. Engine oil drain plug is above the mower deck below the oil fill tube, not below mower deck where the blade is - making it easier to change oil;
3. from the manual, there is apparently a small, long cylindrical fuel filter in the gas line where it connects to the fuel tank - not sure about how I feel about this, particularly if the filter's always needing replaced;

Apparently not a Briggs & Stratton engine though I didn't see any name beyond MTD when I was putting it together.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything more about these mowers and particularly the reliability of the engine.
So far from what I've seen, I like it but I haven't even started it, much less mowed with it. But it appears to be a better built hi-wheel mower than the Weedeater 500 I got 5 years ago. Deck seems more substantial and I believe the Huskee is slightly heavier as a result.
The other thing I like about it, is the mower deck height control is TWO levers - one for both Front Wheels and second single lever for the Rear Wheels; there's a control rod connecting each set of wheels - again a little more weight as a result but much more convenient for quick height adjustment.

Let me know what you think and what insights you have on this engine.

One last thing, when I bought it they were really pushing the additive from Stabil gas additive that takes cares of the Ethanol added to gas nowadays.
I didn't purchase it but wondered what professionals thought of the specific additive or could you just add a few drops of Stabil to do the same thing?
Thanks,
Greynold99


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire