jeudi 24 septembre 2015

SCAG PTO problem

Hello, I recently had problems with my PTO on a Scag 52' hydro, 17hp Kawasaki with pull start. After mowing 3 acres of the six my PTO stops and will not restart. I thought it was the air gap, so I removed the PTO and adjusted to spec. I also thought it might be the wiring. The connection from the wiring harness to the PTO as it appeared to have damage from heat or rubbing the blade belt just in front of the muffler. I cleaned the connection and all seemed to be OK however the problem recently started again.
Recently I noticed that when trying to turn the blades on the connection from the wiring harness to the PTO would arc. So I removed the connector housing and connected the two wires bypassing the connector. However, this did nothing and the PTO refused to start. After letting the mower sit for several hours the PTO would engage again and all was OK. Everything checks out and appears to be OK.
Any suggestions?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire