samedi 26 septembre 2015

Tiger Cat, Turf Tiger, Cheeta?

Some of you guys on here I think have run Scag mowers for some years now.

I bought my first one in the summer of 2014. Then bought my second one this Summer 2015. I am strongly am considering buying a third in 2016.

Both of the mowers that I bought are 52" Tiger Cats with 22 hp Kawasaki motors on them.

We cut a very varied clientele. We cut property as large as 14 or 15 acres and property as small as 1/4 acre or less. We cut nice grass on weekly cuts and we cut Pensacola Bahia that is Bi-Weekly cuts. We cut some yards that are down right rough and some of about anything you can name in between.

What i am looking at is when i purchase another mower, which one to buy? Now I know I want Scag. That is not even in the equation. But do I want another Tigercat just like the two I already have? Do I want to get one with the 61" deck? Do I want to spend the extra dollars and buy the Turf Tiger or the Cheeta ect...?

The Turf Tigers and Cheetas are considerably more money. Of course in many situations the wider decks will speed things up some. In many other situations however I have found in my operation anyway the 52" Tigercat is so stinking fast and quick and maneuverable that I am not sure that the larger mowers will be that noticeably more productive.

As far as reliability will the Turf Tiger wth say a diesel be really make me that much more money over the lifetime of the machine?

People say all the time well they make so many different ones because everybody has a preference.

For me anyway I cut grass to make a living. When we put mowers on the ground the goal is get grass cut ASAP with a neat quality job, and get gone.

I guess what I am looking at is what is going to be the most profitable machines to run that will continue to give me the most productivity and quality of work?

Do any of you have any ideas as to what is most profitable and why?

Example: A 52" Tigercat with a 22 hp Kawasaki is in the $8500 range. A Turf Tiger with a diesel is in the $16K range. Will the Turf tiger ever cut enough grass to offset the differance verses the Tiger cat?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire