mardi 22 mars 2016

Craftsman 550 simple carb Fix + THANKS!

I purchased this tough little Craftsman 550 FWD push mower for $68 out the door. brand new in October 2009 Last Floor model just missing the gas cap..Is that really the Price? Yes. I’ll take it.
I Just bought a house the year before and my bestman let use his gutsy 7.25 torque for 1.5 seasons – so I wasn’t really wanted to down grade in power..but @ $68 bucks! Sold and I only have 3/8 of an acre. ½ hr of mowing.. Cleaned up my friends mower and returned it with a $100 gift card.

model 917.375610
Engine: 10T802 0708-E1 code 06081655

2010 A new neighbor moved in without a mower and I figured I’d return the good deed so I let him use it as well. He only had a ½ arce and was a renter.
It was 2 years of hell for it..
He beat the crap out of it. He would run over anything.. Broke the shaft. Broke and bent 2 blades. Mowed the grass too high , too wide until it stalled and asked what’s wrong with the mower?. Mowed in the rain and got it so soaked that the air filter that it was filled with water until it wouldn't run… again..something is wrong with the mower. broke the pull cord.
left me with no gas once..once. The lesson learned ..Love thy Neighbor just don’t lend them anything you aren’t willing to part with.

So it’s a few seasons later and carb troubles arouse. The 1st real running trouble I’ve had beside Conan the Destroyer.
I was researching here on Surging and Soot conditions on the Spark plug. Found all the info I needed and then some.
-Pulled and cleaned the carb / tank .
-Replaced the diaphragm
-Changed the plug
-Changed the oil
-new air filter
And still surging and racing..
Finally came across a thread here about the Governer and a brand new mower not running right..
racing and stalling. Smoking after it stopped , Gray oil.
– Hmm. after a week plus of trying to figure it out.. searching.. I never noticed that the governor had slipped past it’s stop..HA ! so simple. Fixed.
Now it runs like a champ. I was just about ready to sell it and buy a new mower.
I did already buy a new carb . but its $15 bucks well spent as opposed to $300+ for a new one. A small Part of me still wants that 7.25+ power and RWD for the big hill in my front yard , the larger part is ecstatic that I fixed this reliable simple mower.

Many Thanks – without places like this to come to for advice. I would be lost. Thanks for the confidence to fix anything.

Now How difficult is it to change the pull cord? And the blade shaft?

Have a great spring...it snowed 3" here yesterday...
PUSH
IMG_2793.JPG
IMG_2796.JPG

I cleaned the carb.. but after running it's still pulling dust in past the air filter?
Attached Images


Craftsman 550 simple carb Fix + THANKS!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire