jeudi 19 février 2015

Impact to Cylinder Head Cover While Running - Backfired to a halt, now won't start

Hello All,

I very stupidly slammed my couple year old Craftsman 917.370950 mower into the fascia/front board of my deck this afternoon. I was using the self-propelled feature which suddenly caught traction while I was simultaneously pushing forward. No one to blame but myself. :ashamed:



Anyway, it seems the cylinder head cover (labeled DHC - it's a Honda engine) took the brunt of it, and is dented in perhaps 1/8 of an inch, maybe more. The mower backfired and died instantly on impact. If I try to start it now it just backfires loudly. Did I destroy my engine? I can't imagine there is a lot of extra room in there for a big dent to not horribly damage things, but is there anything else I should check first before taking the the engine apart?



Thanks in advance.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire