jeudi 19 février 2015

Spring question

No, I don't mean the season. I mean like a spring. Like a compression spring.



I have a Black and Decker Wizard rotary tool. Inside, the spindle is connected to the motor by means of a spring and 2 cogs (for lack of the correct word). The spring broke. It's a short little spring. It's a little under 5/8" in length and just under 3/8" outside diameter. The special thing about this spring is that each end is bent in such a way that it crosses the center point of the inside diameter, if that makes sense. The "cogs" are "forked" at one end and this forked part slips over the bent ends of the spring. This entire assembly forms a coupling. The other ends of the cogs fit into corresponding slots of the motor and the spindle.



Anyways, this spring is no longer available from Black and Decker. I can either try and modify some other spring I either have or can purchase that is close in size to what I need or I can try and make my own spring (instructions on the Internet). First, I want to see if I can find something that might work.



What I'm having trouble with is identifying the name of the "end" configuration of this spring so I can do an effective search for one. It's a compression spring. That part is known. They further describe compression springs by the way the ends are finished. There is "open" end and "closed" end. There is "open ground" and "closed ground". Something like that. None of those end configurations is what I have. I'm hoping someone here might know what to call it. I'm going to try and attach a picture so you can see what I mean.



In the first picture, the part on the left is the cog with the fork in the end that fits over the end wire of the spring. The second pic shows the forked end of the cog fitted over the bent end of the spring and the other half of the broken spring fitted onto the cog in the spindle. Thanks.





IMG_0646.jpgIMG_0647.jpg


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire