mardi 22 septembre 2015

Scag 52' Hydro clutch shorrting out

Hello, I recently noticed that my connector from the wiring harness to the clutch has burned through and what I thought was burning from the muffler but is possibly a short. After mowing 2 acres I stopped for a few minutes only to return and the blades won't engage. I inspected the connector and noticed a spark from one of the leads where the wiring harness connects to the clutch. I see no other places where it might be grounding out. If I leave the mower off overnight it will normally fire right back up and run fine. Could this be a short in the clutch itself or is this a short in the wiring harness? I appears that the connector from the wiring harness just below the ignition and blade switch has gotten hot too. I never had a problem until lately. Any suggestions?


I hate to replace the clutch just to find put its a wire and possibly burn it up also. However it does work just fine after it has cooled.
I purchased this mower used and have had it for about 3 years. I have adjusted the clutch to spec and it still fails when used for an extended period of time.
Thanks


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire