jeudi 24 mars 2016

New member from across the sea

Hello, I'm from Northern Ireland. I'm currently working on a 1978 Flymo DXL that my Grandma bought for £2.50. A few years ago the engine that was in it got sent to the scrap yard and I just threw on a smoking 2002 3.5 classic to get me going again.

Now, I'm gonna try and fix her up properly so I bought a 1985 Briggs 3.5hp engine from my local lawnmower repair shop for 40 quid. It come with new recoil rope and handle, new oil and a new plug. It also had a newer primer carb but I plan to build up an automatic choke carb for this one. I believe the engine is from a Mountfield Empress 16 due to the B&S stamping on the shroud and the side-ways pull start.

I'm having problems with the blade adapter/shaft lengths and I've posted a thread on that subject. I'd like to strip the smokey 3 1/2 Briggs to see what is wrong with it and maybe build it up and sell it. I'm going to start repairing buying/selling mowers aswell.

Anyway, here are some photos of my Flymo. The deck is made from cast aluminium. I'll try and find some pictures of it when I got it. The engine was brown and had the vertical pull start.


New member from across the sea

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire