lundi 21 mars 2016

Problem servicing Mikuni carb on Hondq GCV520

Hi Guys,

I was servicing the Mikuni twin-choke carburettor from a GCV520 engine (GJAKM-1053057) which is installed in a Honda lawn tractor HF2315 HME.

After disassembly I noticed that the two rubber caps on the main bleed pipes were broken off - perhaps it happened when I inverted the carb to remove the air vent cover. (I found the remains of them on my bench and the rubber was very brittle.)

Problem is there's a bit of the rubber cap still stuck in the main bleed pipes which I can't get out.

The main bleed pipes are not removable so that's not an option and I don't want to poke the remains down with cleaner wire because I'm not sure where they'll end up. It looks like the bleed pipes go into the centre of the carb and curve out into the venturis - can anyone confirm this? If so, it might be worth taking a chance on poking the remains straight down the tubes into the venturis where I can easily extract them. My concern is that there could be passageways not visible that they could get jammed in.

Can anyone advise me on this please?

Thanks,
Chris






Problem servicing Mikuni carb on Hondq GCV520

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire