dimanche 30 mars 2014

Another drive belt/transmission question

Hi all



This is my first post... I have a Husqvarna 2346XLS riding mower which I purchased new in 2008. It has the infamous Briggs & Stratton 23 HP 'Vanguard' engine and the TuffTorq K46 LD transaxle. The mower has about 300 hours on it. The lawn that I mow is a little less than an acre and the terrain is gently rolling - not really a hill.



In 2012, I noticed that it wasn't pulling as well as it had been, so I contacted my dealer (a generally useless individual...). He told me to bring it in, so in the spring of 2013 I had to take it back for the tie rod problem and I asked him to look at the drive system and let me know what repairs were needed. He did a few little things to the mower, then called me and told me it was 'fixed'. When I got it home, there was no change in the way it pulled, so I called him back, only to have him tell me that he couldn't find anything wrong with it.



Fast forward to last fall: The mower will barely pull itself uphill. If it slows down, I can lift my foot off the 'forward drive pedal' and quickly push it down again. The mower will usually pull harder for a little while. Thinking that this was simply a belt-slippage problem, I removed the 'body' to check the belt and pulleys. The motion drive belt looks OK, but it's noticeably loose. I don't see anything wrong with the idler pulleys, but then, I'm certainly no expert! While searching this forum, I've now read quite a few horror stories about problems with the fluid in the transaxle overheating.



So the question is: Do I replace the motion drive belt and see if it fixes the problem? Or - do I go to another dealer to have the problem evaluated? I know that I've waited too late for quick service this spring, but the garage has been too darn cold to work in until about a week ago!



Any and all advice is appreciated!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire