lundi 31 mars 2014

Toro Recycler Starts then dies (and other problems) Very long post sorry

End of last summer I got a Toro Recycler waaaay to cheap. It needed some work done to it and I knew that when I bought it. When I bought it I turned it on at the location and I turned it on when I got back home with no problem. I emptied out the gas and stored it away for the winter. Last week I filled her up with new gas and some sta-bil, and it started and instantly stopped. I tried to start it again, and got nothing. I tried some more and about a hundred more times to much failure. Maybe 1 out of every 15 attempts resulted in it starting for 1 second then dying. Spraying in some starting fluid will result in the same outcome.



It is a Toro Recycler model 20065 with a Briggs and Stratton engine. 6.50 190cc.



Ok first off, the air filter is completely screwed, the filter itself doesn't look THAT bad, but the housing that holds it up against the mower is completely wrong, its from some random Ryobi electric edger or something. The housing that holds the actual filter is stock and fine and normal, but the little door that closes on the outside is completely wrong. A couple zip ties and a long screw and problem solved (maybe). As I said the air filter could probably use a changing but to my understanding mowers will still 'at least' start up without one. (maybe im wrong). Beyond that, I took my carb apart for cleaning and it wasn't that bad either, I didn't notice any diaphragms but im not even sure if this carb is supposed to have any. All gaskets in the carb looked ok and all nooks and crannies in the carb where sprayed down and re installed. I noticed that the primer bulb didn't do anything. It basically pushes and I hear a little "hiss" and practicaly nothing happens. I cant feel any fuel in the bulb after a couple pushes or anything like that, and I cant feel any fuel moving through it. I replaced the gasket around the outside of the carb (the part that touches my filter housing) thinking that would help my primber bulb. But, after taking my janky filter and cover off to see if I got any gas moving through, I still do not see or feel any fluid moving through the bulb or carb. I checked spark plug and it looked ok so im thinking that's not the problem.



Main problem: Starts then dies, Bulb doesn't prime.



Sorry for the long paragraph, just wanted to get all the info I could for you guys, feel free to jump in and prove me wrong. If I did something wrong or assumed something wrong it will have been the first time in my life so be easy on me (joke). THanks ill be on here most of the day in anxious wait.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire