jeudi 27 mars 2014

Scott's 2348 Lawn Tractor Transmission?

I used the tractor a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine. Transported on trailer.



When I unloaded it a couple weeks ago, I didn't bother to push the transmission disengagement "thing" back in... didn't think about it.



When I got on this AM to knock out a patch of premature growth, I cranked her up and after warm-up, pressed the "forward" pedal.. and nothing. Of course - I remembered the disengagement "thing" and pushed it in. I press the forward pedal and it sounds like a standard transmission being shifted without a clutch. I stopped and shut machine off. I check the oil through the "peep hole" (which is such a horrible design - it is VERY hard to see anything). I pull the cap and see that the reservoir is essentially empty.



I look up online that the tractor came with 5W30 in the hydro transmission, and the manual says to put in 5W50 Synthetic when adding... Well ok...



I run to parts store, grab a bottle of the only 5W50 syn they have. I get home, add oil until I am fairly confident that the level is right. Get on machine, crank it up and press the forward pedal - a very brief grinding again, but then it immediately quiets down and runs smoothly. I make a couple of passes and it is running along nicely.



I get to a point I need to back up to turn around - I come to a stop, and press the heel/reverse lever and machine begins to move backwards as expected... for a couple of feet then a puff of smoke from under the tractor, and the machine stops moving (engine still running). No forward or backward pedal does anything at all - no noise, no nothing.



A friend suggested I check the main drive belt. He said I will likely have to pull the deck off (fun fun).



Anyone have any thoughts? Is it likely just a belt? Or could something have gone south in the tranny?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire