mercredi 30 avril 2014

Blades My 5 yr old 1042 has different blades than newer models. It has never cut well.

My 5 year old 1042 blades have at most 3" of cutting edge on the ends. On setting height 3 of 6, it does Ok, on the higher 4 setting it is barely passable if one drives very slowly. Setting 5 and 6, the highest, are basically useless.



Where the right front tire runs over the grass, never cuts well.



Blades are razor sharp. Belt is new and tight. Throttle at max. Deck is extremely clean underneath. I mow with the deflector tied in a up position.



My neighbors new 1042 has blades that easily have 6" of cutting area on the tips, and it seems to cut much better, at a nice heigth, and a good rate of ground speed. See picture.



My goal is of course very even cut, and second a high cut, of at least 3" finished height. Our TN fescue does best when it is cut very high, 3" is desirable, 3.5" finished cut would be even better, but maybe not possible. Speed is not an issue, as I love riding. I will take whatever time is necessary to get a good, even, high cut.



[Other people, not the new CC guy, around me cut to 1.5" and it looks horrible and weeds abound]



Do I need to upgrade to these newer blades or do I have other issues? If yes UPGRADE, suggestions of online source?



Thank you.


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire