mardi 29 avril 2014

Help With Turf Tiger and 27 HP Kawasaki FD750D

Trying to help a buddy get his Turf Tiger running. Model STT61A-27KA. Liquid cooled 27 hp Kawi engine.



When I arrived, it would not start at all. He replaced the fuel solenoid the day before. Didn't help. The starter would click but not turn the engine over. I pulled a plug and the cylinder was full of fuel. Excess fuel virtually hydrolocking the engine. I evacuated the cylinders of excess fuel, unplugged the fuel pump, and she fired right up. So I figure it's a carb issue....



I removed the carb and cleaned and checked to my ability. Held the float valve in the closed position while apart and blew threw the fuel barb and couldn't blow air past the valve. Open the float/valve and I can blow air. Seems normal. Soaked carb in carb cleaner for about 10 minutes, reassembled and gave it a go.



Same issue. Flooding the cylinders with fuel. When it does start it runs VERY rich. Engine sounds as though it's missing and won't clean out/increase RPM. If I unplug the fuel pump while running, it will clean out and run as it should, but as soon as I plug the pump back in, it starts bogging. I can sit there and plug/unplug the fuel pump and keep the engine running like it should. For some reason the thing is just loading up.



He is going to purchase a new carb but for almost $400 it just seems like a simple fix of the existing carb would be the solution.



Figured I'd ask here and see if anyone had any experience or suggestions.



Thanks in advance folks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire