mercredi 30 avril 2014

Poulon wheeled trimmer with 4.0 Tecumseh LEV115, need throttle/governor linkage help

I recently "rescued" a Poulon wheeled trimmer with a 4.0 Tecumseh LEV115 engine. It has a throttle cable on the handle.



The machine came to me with the carb partially disassembled and in rough shape, so I replaced the carb. When I installed the new carb, I hooked up everything the way it was set up with the old one, I'm not sure if it was correct originally.



I can start the engine and keep it running by pressing the primer bulb or by pulling on the governor arm. The throttle control does nothing, and the engine stalls if not helped.



I have a couple questions/concerns.



- Governor arm spring has a kink in the center. How do I determine the correct replacement spring?



- Linkage that connects governor to throttle control has hooks on both ends, no "z" bends. Is this correct?



- Governor arm has no resistance or springiness when unhooked from linkages. Arm will not rotate to left, but will flop easily to right. Does this indicate trouble with the governor?



- Mechanism that accepts throttle cable has no spring action.



I've attached a photo of the linkages. I unbolted the plate that sits on top of the carb and tilted it upward to take the photo.



I have the manuals for the engine and the trimmer, but neither has a good diagram of the throttle setup. I am handy, but have no experience with governor adjustment/repair.



Thanks for any help you can offer!


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire