lundi 27 octobre 2014

Electrical Problem with John Deere Hydro 185 HELP!!

Hello all,



Over the past few weeks, I have been fixing up an old John Deere 185 riding lawn mower that had not been run in 6 or 7 years. Finally, I have got all the problems fixed except for the last one: an issue that prevents the ignition from starting the engine when I turn the key.



This isn't to say that I'm not able to get it to run. Currently, what I am doing is crossing two prongs on (what I understand to be) the starter (see picture), per the advice of the fellow I bought it from. Right now, I am crossing the little plug sticking out with the screwdriver to the plug with the red wire attached to it.



Currently, when I turn the key all the way over, the dash lights flicker, but nothing happens.



There is a line/plug that sticks into the little plug on the left, but again, when it's connected, nothing happens.



IMG_20141010_182130.jpg



The guy I got it from suggested he thought it was a relay gone bad. If this is the case, is there an easy way to figure out what sort of relay I would need to replace?



I've put alot of blood and treasure into getting this mower fixed up thus far, and I'd really like to get this last issue solved.



Any ideas? If you think you know what the problem might be, but need more pictures, please let me know and I can take them.



Thank you so much for your help in advance!



IMG_20141010_182206.jpg



(Also, does anyone know what this thing is? Pictured)


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire