jeudi 30 octobre 2014

Mower deck D-130 42" Mower Deck Problem

I own a John Deere D-130 with a 42" twin blade mowing deck. I have to be honest and say this was a big mistake buying this model with the 42" mowing deck. In plain English the mowing deck sucks, ooops! No I mean it stinks, I wish it did suck. Previous to this tractor I owned a Toro Iron Horse with a 36" mowing deck that cleanly sucked up leaves without any blow out on either side of the deck. What mean by this is that the Toro deck made a clean sweep like a vacuum cleaner. My D-130 deck picks up leaves but also blows out leaves on the pickup chute side which makes you have to drive in a clock wise fashion. If you drive in a counter clock direction the deck will blow leaves back onto the cleaned lawn side. I've directed my complaint to John Deere and the dealer with a video showing exactly what I was complaining about and it fell on deaf ears - very surprising for what is supposed to an up standing company. I have tried using shredder blades and the result was no change. Tried running at a lower engine RPM and had very little difference. I added an air escape vent on the bagger unit to lessen any possible back pressure and that minimally helped. If there is anybody out there that has run into the same problem I would appreciate if they can give me any solution that they found. I'm in the dog house now because my wife constantly tells me I should have not sold the Toro tractor why? Because she loves doing the leaf cleaning up job!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire