mardi 28 octobre 2014

Noise after replacing pulley on transaxle, any ideas?

My old Craftsman II had a rusted out pulley on the trans-axle so I replaced it and now have other problems, it is making a kind of grinding noise while in gear which it did not do before, it then acts like it has lost power then jerks ahead. It was dark out when I was putting it back together and didn't drive it much just need to know if there is anything I should look for. I did use my torch to heat the old hub and used a puller to remove the old hub and pulley and tried not to heat the shaft too much, just not sure if I could have damaged a bearing or if the new pulley is rubbing on something. I did not have a retainer clip to put on top of the new pulley, it was out of stock at my local parts store so possibly the new pulley might have moved at an angle up or down and rubbed something, not sure exactly what is going on but any thing I might check that you know of would be helpful. Thanks. Model is 917252500 , no noise while engine is running until it is in gear.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire