lundi 24 novembre 2014

14+ Acres of basically grass/pasture - Spend my money :)

I just bought a new house in North Carolina and I'm trying to pick out a mower. The yard is basically 14 acres of grass/pasture. It's not really bumpy but there are areas where if you cross it at 15+ MPH you'll think you should have slowed down. Once you get away from the house it's a field, not a golf course.



A little about me. I work from home on a computer. Part of why I bought this home is to add an outdoor component to my life. It's a little depressing to be indoors *all* the time. Having said that, I'm scared that I'm going to hate mowing in a year so I want to make sure it's not a horrible tasks completely devoid of fun. In my dreams, it's fun to get out there and I enjoy the process.



Regarding budget, I can open the purse but I don't want to be dumb. I'm checking for used stuff now. But if you want a number, maybe $12k for something new or $8k for something used? I don't know. I just don't want to regret buying this house/land and if it costs that much to tame the grass I'll happily pay it.



Maybe a 72" Ferris 3100? Maybe a used 104" Hustler Super Z? Maybe a 72" Exmark? Zentrac?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire