vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Another slope thread. Equipment advice

Howdy.



I have to mow the side walls around a catch basin. Local code requires that it be kept below 1 foot, so I'm either mowing very tall grass, or mowing it often



I measured the steepest part of the slope and came up with a 48% grade (23" rise over a 48" run). That section is just below the fence in the pic, which you can see is a sizeable area. The fence is 6 feet tall, to give you an idea. The other slopes are at least a 23% grade.







So I have to buy a mower. I'm looking at used stuff in the $1500 range, thinking that maybe this time of year I can find a deal for maybe $1000-1200. Cheaper would be better, since I could then buy other stuff I need.



I've seen comments in various threads advising both for and against zero turn mowers, riders, and walk behind mowers on a slope. I suppose each has its advantages and disadvantages. None of what I've read deals with a slope this steep.



So what would you suggest? I also have to mow 2 long parking strips that are just under 6 feet wide, so I'd like to get something with at least a 36" cut so I can do the parking strip in just 2 passes rather than 3. I mention it because I don't know if deck size will make a difference on the slope.



I've considered a rider, but going up and down that slope would kill a transmission pretty quick I'd think. Is there any way to now a slope that steep from side to side? In a perfect world, I'd prefer to just keep driving in circles around the outer slope, mowing down from top to bottom.



Any thoughts appreciated




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire