vendredi 28 novembre 2014

Kohler Command 25 charging system problem

I have a Kohler Command 25 Model CV25S, and I just tested my stator and voltage regulator.



The problem is that the mower runs fine until I'm I've mowed about half an acre, and then my 20 amp fuse on the charging system blows. If I replace it immediately it will blow again. If I let the engine sit a day it will run again as before until it blows the fuse.



Note that I just replaced my positive battery cable with a brand new one ... the old one was old, weak, and corroded. Even after replacing this, the charging system acted the exact same as before ... 1/2 acre and then a blown fuse.



My test results:



Battery tested after key turned on: approx. 12v DC.

Battery tested while engine running fast: approx. 14.5v DC.

Ohm test on stator AC wire to AC wire: <1ohm

Ohm test on stator AC wires to ground: infinity

Voltage Regulator AC wires coming from the stator tested to ground: approx. 25v AC.



My thought is that the voltage regulator goes funky after it gets warm.



To fully test this I'd probably have to mow until it blows the fuse and then test it again, but if you all have any input on this diagnosis it would be much appreciated, especially if there are any other tests I can run to verify things.



THANKS!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire