dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Simplicity Push Mower similar to Lawn-Boy mowers????

While I am slightly obsessed with Lawn-Boy mowers, a few of my friends have the same admiration for old Simplicity garden tractors. One of them ended up with his grandfather's old push mower. Just so happens it is a Simplicity model 1221. I looked at it and the first thing that came to my mind was, "That's a Lawn-Boy". I have searched high and low for information regarding these push mowers and their similarity to Lawn-Boy mowers and have come up with almost nothing. In fact, there is almost no information on them at all. It seems even from the Simplicity end that all I could find was that they were made along with a Homelite and Allis variant. I have found some IPL'S and owner's manuals but not much else.



I did find a youtube video of a fella running a late 60's version and in the comments someone made a statement indicating the Lawn-Boy sued Simplicity for the production of these mowers. I have not been able to verify that. If anyone can offer any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks



Simplicity Walk-Behind Mower. The date code on the Briggs is 1980



Model: 1221

MFG.: 1690511

Serial: 003450


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire