lundi 12 janvier 2015

Craftsman Smart Rider 917.280010

Greetings and salutations.

A little tirade first? This is the fourth time in the last three years that I've been rebuilding the friction disk / clutch assembly on my 30' Smart Rider. I ran out of clutch disks and plates so I've placed an order thru Craftsman Parts website only to find out that it all been put on back order with AYP till May of 15!!! Everything else on my rider is holding up quite well and works as it should but the clutch!? What a horrible design and quality. Anyway, did any of you on this board ever heard of a retrofit or maybe even a complete swap with some other brand of transmission? Geared if possible, hydro maybe? I'd hate to scrap the whole rider just because of a round piece of aluminum housing that contains a few round plates, spring, bearing and a friction disk is causing all the problems. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.



Jack




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire