mardi 17 février 2015

Is my problem the park Plug Gap? Mower manual says .040, engine manual says .030.

I have a fixer upper YTH2348 Husqvarna mower (Model 960430035 00 - Serial 120806B002718). It is powered by a Briggs and Stratton Intek 23 HP engine (Model 445577 - Type 0755 E1 - Code 061117YG).



It sat at a friend's house for a couple of years with a rusted out deck, oil leak, and flat tires. He replaced with a Zero Turn Snapper and gave the Husqvarna to me.



The Husqvarna manual I downloaded reads that the spark plug gap is to be .040"; the B&S manual I downloaded says .030"; the old ones I replaced had a gap that when measured was .026". Go figure. Which is right? Could they be too close?




Both call for the Champion QC12YC, which I think is an "Electromagnetic Suppression (EMS)", whatever that means....



Anyhow, I am having trouble. I fixed the oil leak, just replaced the quick change plug with a standard nipple and plug. The thing cranked and ran like a sewing machine. I put another deck and tires on it from a donor machine I bought off Craig's List. However I have a problem with the machine shutting down after about 15 minutes of mowing.



I replaced the paper and the foam air filter, fuel filter, the fuel line from shut off valve to fuel filter to fuel pump, and the spark plugs. I took the machine and drove it around and mowed a little around neighbor's grape vines, doing fine, but, yes, it seems a little underpowered, even when cold.



Yesterday, while cutting in another yard, it resumed same patterns. Again, it also seems a little underpowered even when cold. I could delay it a little by pulling the choke partially out, but that helped only for a few seconds.



JDHusqFixedUp20150207bSelfie.jpg


Attached Images






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire