mardi 25 mars 2014

New here in Halifax

Hello, new to the site. I have a small collection of mowers that I'm going to be turning into a smaller number of mowers... I have a few with good engines, a few with decks that are turning into orange dust. I intend on making them usable to sell as sort of a hobby. Right now, I mostly have craftsman mowers, a couple of MTDs and a rough Toro Recycler in rough shape but with a solid, although flaked deck. I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade so I don't suppose mowers will be too tough for me to figure out. I'll post pics when the snow's gone, we're expecting a big blizzard tomorrow.



All but one of the mower's I've collected from various sources for free since the fall. My handy grey Craftsman was my first gasser, I got it for free when somebody said it wouldn't start after the winter. I turned it on it's side and gave it a few gentle kicks, and it started first pull. I've kept that one for 4 years now trouble free. I'd like to get the old Toro working, but it doesn't look complete, missing the gas cap for one thing and it had been out in the rain before I got it so the tank's had water in it. Who knows what shape it's in, but if the rest checks out I may try to swap engines.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire