samedi 31 mai 2014

2-Stroke Toro Recycler BBC problems

Evening all,







Hoping for some help! Today was a a rather disappointing day. I've had my 2-stroke Toro sitting in the garage since I got the engine running. I took it out last week, added new gas mix and it fired right up. Drive system works and BBC would engage but in mildly thick grass the blade would slow to a stop. This is my first problem. What typically causes this?



I pulled the blade, shroud, and belt off. Belt looks...well I've seen worse. I'd like to get a new one but I'm not sure if the part numbers are correct since the mower has no ID tag. From what I could find researching this might be it:



Toro Lawnmower Lawn Mower BBC Blade Clutch Belt 42 0884 | eBay



The idler pulley seemed like the bearing was junk but after cleaning it it spins smooth again. However when I put it all back together and went to engage the system the bale had no resistance and while the drive kicked in the blade did not. After some trouble shooting I traced it down the the plastic bracket the cable mounts to in the bale assembly. Looks like I need a new one.



At least the piece had a part number on it.



Toro Hook Control 46 5540 | eBay



Second problem I'll need help with is a sheered bolt. Went to remove the 2 bolts holding the drive cover down. One of them came out fine but the other sheered. There's about half an inch of the bolt sticking out of the deck. Any tips to get it out? I've already got it soaking with PB blaster.



Needless to say this day has been a bummer. I was really looking forward to using the Toro now that I have a mulch plug for it. :frown: If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it.



If nothing else its at least looking better. Not a full restoration but enough to make it presentable. Cleaned the handlebars and use Rust-oleum to touch up the deck. Got a late evening shot of it.







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire