samedi 31 mai 2014

Craftsman Riding Mower - Engine turns but won't start, ready to throw in towel

Hey all, I'm a novice mechanic but hoping to fix my riding mower without putting much money into it. It's old and just might be time for a new mower.



Craftsman 917252560 - Briggs & Stratton 19HP Twin I/C Gold



Mower started on first try and then immediately died 5-10 seconds later. Now it just cranks and doesn't turn over.



I've taken apart carburetor and cleaned everything I could. I also replaced the inline fuel filter. I'm really wondering if it's a problem with my fuel line. I'm not sure if my mower has a fuel pump or not. When I took off the fuel filter I had clamped the hose running from the gas tank to avoid a big leak but unclamped it to check it and noticed there is no fuel coming on it's own. Is that normal? Does the fuel pump pull the fuel from the tank. I tried starting it again and checked the new fuel filter and there was no gas inside it.



Is this a broken fuel pump or something else? There is gas in the tank and nothing leaking anywhere. Please help!!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire