jeudi 29 mai 2014

Scag/Kohler down on power

I use a 61" Scag Turg Tiger to mow about 3 acres at my farm. The mower is 10 years old with approximately 360 hours. Engine is a 27HP Kohler with carburetor.



I have recently noticed that the engine loses power and sputters somewhat in situations that stress the motor...like turning uphill while cutting grass or when mowing up a steep incline. While I used to observe this occasionally in the past, it seems much more common lately.



Dealer thought it was fuel starvation because of the carburetor design and that a new carb ($350-400 installed) might fix it. Or it might not. A new $11,000 Scag, he assured me, will fix the problem. Indeed.



I wonder if simply cleaning the 10 year old, ethanol soaked carb might fix the issue.



While I may have to spring for a new mower I thought I'd cast about for some friendly advice.



Anyone worked through this issue?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire