jeudi 25 septembre 2014

1993 10201 carb float height

Hi guys,



Still fighting with the '93 10201 with a walbro lmr 16 carb. Can be a bitch to start cold now and worse hot.Lost throttle control also. Yes, the little protrusion catches in the notch of the throttle lever. All shafts turn freely, so I'm surprised the governor is balky, too.:mad:I've taken it apart twice with trips thru the ultrasonic.

When I first got this it was I pretty bad shape. I posted some pics after I was done fixing it up.

So, I'm chasing possible throttle gremlins. When I originally dismantled carb, I pulled and replaced the needle seat. I could not tell what the height was because the carb was really gummed up, wasn't even sure I'd get the needle out. Anyway, what is the correct float height? Mine is pretty high, Maybe 1/4 inch movement from closed to fully open when holding up-side down. It is nowhere near level and not adjustable. Just wondering if I might not have gotten the seat in all the way!?

I've got way too much money in this, and a new carb is out of the question, though a good used might be a solution.:confused2:

All help appreciated, as always.



Thanks,



Jim




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire