lundi 29 septembre 2014

Introducing myself

Hi, I am joining you from Whitemans Valley, New Zealand (about 50Ks north-east of the capital city Wellington). I have a small landholding with a lot of grass that needs mowing - so the subject of lawn mowers, their repairs and performance, are very much part of my life :rolleyes:

I have two ride-ons, both of which I bought thinking they were just what I needed. The older one, circa 1995, is a Husqvarna CT130. It struggles to cope with NZ's prolific grass growth and the rear discharge shute just clogs up. Also dead useless on mulch mow - and it goes through belts in no time at all. I retired it with blown head-gasket in 2004 and bought a Troy-bilt White RZT42. Plenty of grunt but sinks into soft ground as very heavy. Consequently I experience skidding and bogging in winter which makes a real mess of the ground. I am in the process of pulling the B&S Intek 19.0 engine apart to assess damage from a broken con-rod. I am not a mechanic so it is a very interesting learning exercise. Have replaced the gasket and serviced the old Husqvarna and got it going. Started to mow for the second time on Sunday, and guess what? Yep, the deck belt snapped - so nothing changed there. Cheers to All.:biggrin:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire