mardi 30 septembre 2014

Completely baffled by Briggs 6.75

I am trying to fix a friends push mower - a Craftsman 6.75 Briggs, auto-choke.



It is only two years old and has always run fine. Suddenly will not start:



Gets great spark



Seems to have good compression, although I haven't gauged it



Good fuel flow to the carb, has fresh fuel, cleaned the bowl and the bowl nut jets.



Heres the thing - I can't even get it to do anything with starter fluid - either through the carb or in the cylinder. After spraying approx. 10 times, I got a total of two "pops" or backfires...never even acts like it wants to turn over.



I thought it might be a timing issue so I checked the shear key but it is completely undamaged.



Thought I might have a blocked exhaust so I removed the muffler. Now I at least get a few sputters when I pull, but this thing is DOA.



Any other ideas? This thing is driving me nuts.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire