samedi 27 septembre 2014

FAILED INGITION COIL ON JD #757

I was working on a John Deere 757 with Kawasaki engine # FH721DA59024 miss fire at full throttle under load with blades one. I checked the left spark plug and it was white, checking the right spark plug it was black. So I ohm checked from the laminated center post that the coil goes around to the end of the spark plug wire and came up with 18.6 and 17.6 respectively and Kawasaki says 2-18 ohms are in spec. So I checked a known good coil from another engine and it checked 12.3 ohms. Then I checked a new pair of coils out of the box and found 16.9-19.2.



Well coils must be ok so I put a spark plug tester at the end of the spark plug wire and both coils were firing although the engine would not run of one cylinder. Since it ran good up to full power and wide open throttle I took the carb apart and saw that the butterflies were not opening all the way so I took care of that and richened up the main jets. Still same problem so I installed the new coils and it ran perfect then.



My question is there not a better way to check ignition coils on today's engine that are on so many of products out there?



Thank you for this space.

Coker




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire