samedi 27 septembre 2014

Engine Toro/WH 523dxi Starter Issue

Hi,

Curious if anyone has experienced starter issues with a Toro/WH 523dxi? Specifically, issues with the starter bendix not disengaging after the engine starts.

Immediately after starting the tractor the glow plug indicator lights back up. When I shut down the engine I can hear the start wind down. I've verified that the starter is engaged with the engine running by visually inspecting it while running. When I shut down the engine the starter disengages.

The starter looks to be securely mounted to the engine so I don't think the issue is due to misalignment. Additionally, the starter shaft surface appears to be clean and I've sprayed some lube on the shaft while the engine was running with the starter gear engaged with the flywheel.

Normally, I would just replace the starter but it's discontinued and available NOS units are approx. $475. I don't have any issues buying a replacement but want to make sure it's going to resolve the issue before doing so.

Any insights/recommendations anyone can offer are greatly appreciated.



Regards




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire